8/30 - Still Angry

When it all stacks up,
I get exhausted,
Frustrated,

I am stretched beyond my ability to cope,
I shouldn't need to be,

To be ill adjusted to an insane world is not insanity,

I am tired of struggling for dollars,
What we want is change,

I have always been extreme in my beliefs on how to get it,
The slow method where we keep the rich in power isn't working,
They're still in power,
Still twisting their words to sound good,
While they write them to continuously write us off,

Wake the fuck up,
The best part of waking up,
Is justified rage in your cup,
People deserve more than anyone is giving them,

We live in an age where a man can drop out of orbit,
Where we can automatically send food to astronauts hurtling above us,
And can drop missiles on "bad people" without being anywhere near them,

Why can't we drop real food on people?
Why can't we educate our children?

When the bodies pile up in the streets of foreign lands,
Some of us get agitated and say not in our name,
While walking past homeless people,
People who fought for us and were forgotten,

Look at yourselves,
Look at your country,
Realize it's the only planet we have,
And do something for everyone,
Instead of just yourselves or someone over there,

Are you fucking angry yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy