6/30 - Postcards to the Anti-Life

I have always told people that I have never been to a funeral,
That's true,
But every year I mourn for you,

Today is April 8th 2013,
Our birthday,
You,
Didn't make it,
I,
Am left on this plane without you,
You would think that bruise would heal,
After Twenty Five years,
It only gets more tender,

I don't like partying on my birthday,
I'm already dealing with too much,
I know I should be happy,
Adopt some kind of half full glass type shit,

But I can't,

I won't,

God dammit never going to,

Today I am reminded of someone I never talked to,
But she and I could draw maps of each others' bones,
Today I fake the smiles the hardest,
So no one worries,
On the day we were born,
You were already gone,
I miss you,
I wonder where we would be if we were here together,

Happy Unbirthday,

I once wrote that 'Black holes are just the universes way of gasping for light',
You are, were, and always will be my light,

I will never reach you,
We will never see you smile,
Hear your laugh,

Today I need a hug,
And I will get plenty,
But no one else can do it like you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy