13/30 - One of those nights

It's one of those nights,
My throat is dry,
My hands are limp from too much time at the keyboard,

I don't feel like writing,
I feel drained,
I even took a nap today,
I never do that,

My head is dull and achy,
My finger badly bruised,
My chest feels bruised,
That's emotional,
The head may as well have some psychological bruising too,
So much struggle lately,
So much teaching people how to do my job,

I want to leave it with them,
When I leave every day I want it to be the last,
"You can do anything on your last day,"
One of my managers told me that once,
I like the sound of it,
I also like the ideas it brings me,
Twisted ideas concerning vandalism and revenge,
Tyler would be proud,

It's one of those nights where anything I create,
Feels wrong,
Because it's a reflection of how I feel,

I'm itchy inside,
Struggling for change,
I want better for myself and I can't seem to find it anywhere,

Just me and my blank pages staring back at me,
Waiting for me to do something about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy