Because....

I was born with a brain that begs for me to have someone else around,
Because she isn't,

I was born with a brain that wants to stretch the boundaries of thought that we all live in,
Because very few others do,

I've learned that being different often results in exactly that and all the discomfort that comes with it,
Because people don't like that,

I've written a lot of poems about me, some might call it selfish, others might not,
Because I call it soul-searching out loud across the walls and into my living room,

I've done very few things with my life as far as I'm concerned,
Because I'm young and scared to take chances,

I am constantly in love, with the people around me, and not like that, at least not in most cases,
Because I really appreciate people and really am wired to always have someone else around,

I want my brain to arc lightning into yours and give you the ideas that I have on a daily basis,
Because most of the time I can't write them down,

I want to find the secret to being happy in moments where I am alone,
But all I feel is emptiness, and it is just emptiness, but it invades you like you wouldn't believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy