17/30 - Space Race

Alright,
Did you ever want to be an astronaut?
Of course you did,
If you didn't,
What the fuck is wrong with you!?

Sorry, I got a little angry there,
But seriously,
When I log on to Howmanypeopleareinspacerightnow.com
And I keep seeing 6,
That shit pisses me off.
7 billion people on the planet,
And we only put up 6 at a time,
Into low orbit,

For those of you that don't know,
Low orbit means, near the planet,
Somewhere between here and the moon,
Alright,
Now we went to the moon,
That's pretty fucking cool,
But that was fifty years ago,
Why haven't we gone back?
Why can't I live there?
How come Neil, Buzz, and a few other guys are the only ones?

Do you know how much the Apollo program cost the average American citizen?
Two pennies per year,
You're trying to tell me you don't have two pennies a year?
Motherfucker, what are you spending that on!?
Look, ask anyone who was there,
The 60s, with the space race,
There was hope,
There was growth in both technology and understanding,
You created dreams with that moon landing,
You inspired an entire generation,
On two cents a year per person,

Imagine if everyone put up a dollar,
Fuck it, I'll put a Hamilton up on space,
I don't even need to go up anytime soon,

Can you put a price on inspiration?
Can you put a price on the human need to explore, conquer, and fuck other shit up?
No you can't, and you know why?
You're not even experiencing it,
But you could,
For the low low price of just one dollar a year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy