28/30 - Friendship (Warning may be overly cheesy)

Get yourself some good people,
The saddest thing I hear from new people,
Is, I don't have any friends,

My first thought is,
Man, that is rough,
And my second is,
This is probably bullshit,

I have known very few people who have NO friends,
That's different from,
A few good friends,
Or one great friend,

You need good people in your life,
Because they will help you when you need it,
When you're too afraid to ask for it,
When you're too weak,
They'll help you out without even asking for it,

If you don't have any like that,
Find some new ones,
Everybody needs that one friend,
Who knows what to say when,
And when not to say anything at all,

I can only hope I am as good to my people,
As they are to me,
I strive to be better,
Because that's how I am,
But it's not a competition,

I'd list some names,
But y'all know who you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy