18/30 - 1148

1148,
I looked it up,
1148 is how long it really is,
Which is funny,
Because 1142 is six less,
I know I can run six,
Done it plenty of times before,
Stupid I know,
I liked the significance,

Kind of like you do,
Often for no good reason other than we both get whatever the other is saying,
It's effortless,
We both understand how nice it is just to have someone to talk to,
Even if it's about absolutely nothing,

I've gotten to the point where I can hear your smile through the phone,
At least sometimes,
Hard to tell without a visual input to go with the tone change,

Your laughter makes me grin,
Like a big dumb idiot,
Even when I'm not responsible for it,

We're both ignoring how much time we spend talking to each other,
As if that somehow makes the distance and the connection less important,
Less in the way,

You like the way my brain arranges words,
I like the way you describe things,
Always a good visual explanation,
Of some idiot's clothing,
Or some hilarious dumbass customer,

At this point,
I'm not sure who else I'd rather talk to on my way home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy