Fuck You Lucy

Untitled 4/06/09

She was the kind of girl that took life at face value,
taking high school, college and the future as everyone told her to,

She was the kind of girl who grew up knowing she would get three houses when her family was gone,
As if somehow those three homes could replace the smiles, love and laughter of the people that once lived in them,

She was the kind of girl who taught me something I now value very much,
I have never been one of those people, and thankfully never will be,

I grew up in a household where the only things inherited are the ability to love and cherish each other,
Keep going no matter what happens to you, and above all else do what you love no matter what the cost,
These are the answers to everything I know,

I am not one of those people who takes all of that shit at face value,
I was raised to think for myself and to constantly ask my favorite three letter word,
Why?

Why should I go to college? Why should I finish high school with straight A's?
Why didn't I? Thats in the past and I'm paying for it now.

The important thing to me is that I did or didn't do those things for me.
Whether it was selfish and stupid at the time doesn't matter anymore because I have to live with it every single day.

The further away I get from that girl the more I know myself again,

And I gotta tell y'all, I missed me, and I love that at least some of me is back again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy