Subway

Lightning strikes,
I turn pages frantically to find you,
The first blank page,
I love you,
I love that being here feels like escape,
I write to get away from it all but the funny thing is all I write about is what I'm running from,
I hate my job.
I finally know what its like to be stuck,
Because collectors hold their hands out for my dues on old mistakes that I have to pay for,
I make sandwiches for assholes who are too lazy, too ungrateful, and too wrapped up in themselves to make their own sandwich,
I provide a service with your sandwich, it's called silent obedience,
I smile and fulfill your requests while you look down on me, while some of you voice your "superiority" with insults or rude tones,
Fuck you, Fuck this job, and allow me to masturbate all over your sandwich to get back at you, with a smile on my face,
I say "have a nice night,"
Which translates to "Fuck you for justifying this 3-11pm shift with your snide comments and requests for 'lots' of something and then saying 'thats too much' oh yeah and thanks for the 12 cent tip, that'll put me through school, asshole,"
So next time you see me and I say "have a nice night" ask yourself if I'm sincere,
Because I'm great at acting like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy