Wake Up Sestina

Waking up

Wake up in a dream,
Stretch like the sky,
Peel like a banana,
Fly out of bed, the shower weeps
On my shoulder, Refreshed like a finely tuned god,
For a fresh pair of socks I search,

Socks have been searched,
Breakfast floats in my dreams,
The refrigerator shines like an empty god,
Nothing in there but sky,
I weep,
Then decide on a banana,

Eating my banana,
Outside I search,
Is it weeping?
Like in my dreams
Do tears fall from the sky?
If so, suit up like a jacketed god,

Why do we bleed? We gods,
When we slip on a banana,
Into the sky?
For composure I search,
In my wildest dreams,
Over this I would not weep,

For when we weep,
We betray our appearance as gods,
Walking through each others dreams,
I curse the banana,
And to the bus stop, I search,
For curiosities in the sky,

The sky,
Is boring when overcast, it only weeps,
Off and on, for sunshine it searches,
Like a needy confused god,
I want another banana,
I guess I can dream,

I am sure that the sky-god,
Never wept on top of a discarded banana,
I have work to do, to search out the way to god status, in my dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy