Scorched Butterflies

The day we met,
You had a two foot tall bright blue mohawk,
And a smile that was brighter than the springtime Atlanta sun,
Just as warm too,
The butterflies in my stomach need sunglasses for that smile,

The first time we kissed,
Was on your front doorstep,
After one of the worst movies I have seen to this day,
That is one of those decisions I will forever be glad I seized,

When I broke up with you,
It hurt,
Both of us,
But I still maintain it was right,
I was not ready to share any word like love with anyone,
Not that soon after the girl before you,
And that was my fault,

I definitely regretted that decision constantly after that,

We started hanging out again,
I am still mad,
That seeing you makes me write such good shit,
Mostly about you,
Hearts, ventricles, rebellion,
You know the deal,

I am scared,
Because you are so damn wonderful,

That we get along this well,
Is kind of spooky sometimes,

If I was to be serious for a second,
I'd tell you how excited I am,
To feel stupidly nervous around you,

You are now such a big deal to me,
I no longer have anything to hide behind,

I don't care how popular or busy you are,
I can wait,
I don't care that you are going back to school for a year in Portland,
I can buy bus tickets both ways,

Every minute I have had with you,
Has fucked up my breathing rhythm,
In a good way,

Every time you give me shit,
I smile,
And try to think of something to throw back,
And then you hit me,
And somehow that works for me,

You make my goals for myself,
Seem smaller than they need to be,
You make me want to aim much further than I was before,

I don't have a whole lot to offer,
Respect, adoration, honesty, and probably some good laughs,
Also, a lot of words,
Since, you know, you make those happen to me,

You're an awesome friend,
And that kissing thing,
Is great,

I'd love to do more of that,

A lot more,

If you're into it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy