Come back soon

Walking to the bus stop to meet you,
I could only think one thing,

This is what breathing feels like,

Warm sun on my face,
And in my face,
All I could do was smile,
Even with weirdos on the bus next to me,
Even with it being warm and me being sweaty and nervous,
Nothing but smiling the whole time,

I had been holding my breath all week,
I told myself I wouldn't let you leave without kissing you,

I went in planning on doing it as soon as I could,
Possibly when I met you,
But instead of that I waited a bit,

And it was still awesome,
Just like you,
For no fucking reason at all,
Except that is was you,
And me,
Kissing,

You smell really good,
Even after we ate food,
And cooked chili,
And sat around in a warm house all day,

Holding you,
Wow,

And walking home from the bus stop,
Seeing you off like that,
I couldn't do anything but smile,
And breathe,
Again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy