Welcome Back

Life is not a bitch,
Just that girl you thought was your life,
This is what I have learned to call her,
Separation and friends taught me,
That's what she was,
I want her back,
But she doesn't live on this level anymore,
That girl that remembers talking on the beach so long our friends left,
Left me on the beach too,

I no longer need to learn living without you,
Because I am,
And it's not as bad as yesterdays nightmares would have guessed,
Now is the fun part,
Getting back to learning,
How to live with myself,
Who the hell I am and where I fit,
Because she was just a distraction,
A trip to the candy store,

See me for who I am,
We've got work to do.

(Anyone who recognizes that line gets bonus points, and I love it so much I had to use it somewhere.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy