Whoever designed me loved duality,
I was given a heart that rusts often,
Ragged and sharp with the pumps it keeps me alive with,
Yet somehow I manage to shine like a halogen,
Burning bright and clear when the switch gets flicked 'on'
Other times I feel like a slug,
Slow and steady and obviously going somewhere,
But at this speed its hard to tell where,
How far it is,
Or why I'm going there,

I was born with a heart designed for ache,
Given a propensity of hope for something better,
And a mind that doesn't quit whether I want it to or not,
I do my best in the most hectic of situations,
Something about that makes me think I should search out the madness,
Always living at your best sounds, nice,
But I know I wouldn't be able to keep it up forever,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy