I will write on the walls

Which one of you motherfuckers did it?
Who fed me this knowledge after midnight?
Who made me write with the streetlights and the stars?


When I finally can afford to move out of my moms house,
Again,
I am going to write on the walls of my new place,
Even if I do not own it,

Because the walls are the only things that feel big enough in my space,
To even consider the possibility of harnessing my voice,
I will write fluffy bunnies carrying candy in their scrunched up mouths on the ceiling,
To wake up with a smile,

I will write,
Get your goddamn shine on,
In the mirror,
For those mornings where the world wants to tell me I am not this sexy,

I will put my memories in several places,
The happy ones will be in the kitchen because food and happiness add flavor to each other,
The sad ones will be in the basement or the attic,
Like a former lover that I can still go wallow in,
The proud memories will be my toothpaste,
Because I smile a lot,

Writing on the walls will feel like writing in my veins,
Walking through this ragged heart,
You'll find my brain and smirk the way I do at gods,
They both make you feel small, but in a comfortable sort of way,

I will write on the walls,
So that when the storms are brewing up outside,
I will be inside splashing my soul out onto everything like Pollack on a canvas,
Desposits be damned,
I want them to know who has lived there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy