Thinking out loud

I don't love like everyone else,
I'm not afraid of letting go,
I'm not afraid of being alone,

I already live with those two every day,
I already live without someone I need,
I've learned to deal with it,

You live with a soreness long enough,
Your body gets used to it,
It's kind of like that,

I've adapted to this,
The first few times hurt real bad,
Felt like I wouldn't come back,

But the echoes of couplings past,
Well, those pale to what I've been unpacking,

I don't sleep well,
I push myself easily,
I break myself more than anything else can,

I've got too much to do right now,
But someday,
I'm probably going to choose how I leave,

I'd like the punctuation to be on my terms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy