2 months

She said to me,
'I was totally flirted with at the taco truck,
But I didn't tell have the heart to tell him,
That he was but a candle to the sun I already have,"

And I said
'Give me those knitting needles!
Because you just stole MY hobby,
Baby, that! Was poetry!'
At least that's what I would have said,
But you see we were only two months in,
And I REALLY didn't want to scare her off,
Don't make it weird,
Just smile and say thank you,
and then fumble on a 'Yeah, I really like you too,'
Now kick rocks bashfully
while marveling at her ability,
To make you,
Mr. Grumpypants,
Smile,

Wonder how 2 months in,
She's already through your defenses,
And the first thing you think about when you wake up,

Think about how she is just as weird as you,
How she doesn't give a shit about what happened before,
Unless you bring it up first,

The part where she treats you with respect,
And adores you when you're being stupid,

She understands that communicating,
And being in the moment,
Are equally important,

And that the way she writhes in bed,
IS SO DAMN GOOD,
That you couldn't stop,
EVEN IF YOU WANTED TO,
Because you just want her to scream out your name,
Like that,
Again,

Marvel at the way she never expects anything,
Always says thank you,
And reciprocates the shit out of backrubs,

She says I'm amazing,
I'm just trying to catch up to her,

And for the first time I don't know how to end this poem,
And I don't want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy