Wind Chill Factor

Most days the wind blows cold through my chest,
With a gloomy howl you find in movies,
Especially this time of year,
The time of year I'm reminded,
Of the can-string telephone we never got to make,

The allergies kick up physically and emotionally,

I know I'm supposed to celebrate and be happy,
But it's hard to live without pieces of you,
That you never knew,

I want to say I'm on to something new,

I want to say I'm finding ways to handle it,

I want to say a lot,

Like usual,
The words come on too fast for me to control,
Too much for me to not feel like a fool,
Grasping for something that makes sense
In a place I have long been confused with,

So I keep my mouth shut this time,
Fear of losing what I've got already,
What little balance has been achieved,

I'm afraid to take a step in any direction,
The water here is warmer than I'm used to,
And for now,
That's all I really need,

Until the wind dies down a little,
Or the hole closes up,
Or until the day I get to rest,
But until then,
I'll just keep waiting,

For breath.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lonely Hearts

Where my Brain Goes at the End of the Day

Fuck You Lucy